MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

I have a 2004 Mercedes ML-350 with 90,000 miles.

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Mercedes ML-350 with 90,000 miles. Periodically , when you come to a stop and then try to accelerate the car hesitates and does not move even keeping foot on the accelerator. After 10-20 seconds it will then accelerate again. There is no warning indicator that comes on when this happens. Have taken it to Mercedes mechanic shop for diagnostics and no indication of a problem They indicated that it could be a sign of a fuel pump going out but other than the problem happening when they were checking the vehicle there would be no certainty of that. Thx for any other suggestions.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  piciu82 replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunate you have to perform diagnostics on moving vehicle. It is possible that full pump is going bad. Only way to confirm it is to hook up fuel pressure gauge and test drive it monitoring fuel pressure.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But do you think the fuel pump could be the culprit. If not the fuel pump , what else could it be? I am looking for possibilities.
Expert:  piciu82 replied 1 year ago.

Best way is to do some test so no money is wasted on unnecessery parts. It can be something else. Like electrical issu. So testing is really necessary. If there will b more symptoms we can narrow it down