Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Marty, My name is ***** ***** and I recently purchased a

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Marty, My name is ***** ***** and I recently purchased a 2006 CLS500. I have had the car about 4 months.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: After the car has been setting for a short period of time, turned off, the rear drops to the point I get a warning saying tht the car is too low. This appears to be more predominant in the rear. Sometimes it is both sides, sometimes the rear passange side only, sometimes not at all. When I start the vehicle and wait a short period, the car rauses to normal height and all seems fine.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes, thanks.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 10 months ago.

Hi, if the rear is dropping you probably have leakage in the rear air springs. Small leaks in the air bellows will cause the car to lower in the rear when it sits for awhile. You will need to get the rear air springs checked for leakage. Both springs should be replaced at the same time due to the amount of work involved. Mercedes sells remanufactured air springs for $706 each. The labor allowance to replace the rear air springs is 7.5 hours. A leak at the lines or at the suspension valve block is also a possibility but leakage at the rear air springs is the most likely problem.

Let me know if you have any questions. Please remember to rate my service as this is the only way that I can receive credit from the website for helping you.

Marty

Expert:  Marty replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I see that you have not rated my service on this question. If my answer was helpful I would appreciate it if you would rate my service on this question so I can receive credit from the website for helping you.