Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I'm working on a 2002 ML320 sedan. It won't start. No fuel

Customer Question

Customer: i'm working on a 2002 ML320 sedan. It won't start. No fuel delivery. I just installed a new fuel pump, (on the right side of the tank). It turns when I turn the key on but there is no fuel pressure. I checked the filter/regulator and there is no pressure going in or coming out or it. There is enough fuel in the tank and the car starts with starting fluid but dies after it runs out. could it be that what seems to be another pump on the left side is also no good?. I checked the outlet hose in that unit and there is no pressure there either. of the fuel tank?.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Like?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 10 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** main fuel pump is located in the left side (driver's side) of the fuel tank. You need to check power and ground to the left side fuel pump when cranking the motor. If you have power and ground and no fuel pressure you will need to replace the fuel pump.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty

Expert:  Marty replied 10 months ago.

Please remember that you must click on a rating for my service in order for the website to credit me for helping you.

Expert:  Marty replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I see that you have not rated my service on this question. If my answer was helpful I would appreciate it if you would rate my service on this question so I can receive credit from the website for helping you.