FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE DIESEL/AUTOMOTIVE
1627031

I have a headlight that's out on my Mercedes 2005 c320 awd 4

Customer Question

Hi I have a headlight that's out on my Mercedes 2005 c320 awd 4 matic do I change the whole housing of the light or do I just try to replace ballic?
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If someone changes my whole housing light do I need to go to a Mercedes dealer to put a code to make it work?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. If the bulb has been replaced then more than likely the issue is in the ballast. These fail frequently. The voltage to the headlamp should be checked first just to be sure that there is not an electrical issue. If there is power there then it is the ballast. It can typically be replaced without having anything reset by the dealer. If you need more help please let me know.