Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

ML350 2002 check engine light and codes

Customer Question

Customer: ML350 2002 check engine light and codes P2082,P2068,P20CC,P2036.Can you please help me with this problem, thank you
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: when i start vehicle , i run it for half a mile and all lights on dash board turn on and then looses power and stays in one gear.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Code P2082 indicates a fault with the drivers side oxygen sensor before the catalytic converter

Code P2068 indicates a fault is stored in the transmission control module/ecu

Code P20CC indicates a fault with a wheel speed signal

Code P2036 indicates a fault with no CAN message from the ESP control module

What needs to be done first here is to clear out these codes then operate the vehicle until the fault re occurs that you are experiencing here.Then once this is done the codes are re checked to see which codes come back to be diagnosed as in some cases one or more of these codes here may be one time fluke or old history codes that may not need diagnosed.

The wheel speed sensor signal and fault stored in transmission control unit are most likely related to the issue that is occuring and you may have a faulty wheel speed sensor.If you can use a scan tool to read the transmission computer for fault codes and see if any codes are set in the transmission computer this will help.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thank you , i will try to do what you said and go from there, thank you again.
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Your welcome.Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
We scan the vehicle again and this time the code P2310 came out of the transmission.can you help with this one please