Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

Surrency - 2007 S550.
, Problem started about a month

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Surrency - 2007 S550.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Problem started about a month ago when I left my office end early evening. Felt missing before I got on freeway, but decided to continue. When I built up speed, I moved into cruise control. After about five miles, cruise control kicked off and upon continuing, noticed the rpm increase to about 2,500 at 45 MPH, which is about where third gear would be. I nursed the car home, about ten miles. Could not get a shift higher than 3rd gear. Next morning, the shifting was okay, but engine seemed to continually hesitate. I don't have errors in front of me, but transmission has been opened, screen cleaned and solenoid replaced. We're seeing today - after several correction tries before a new transmission. Any ideas???
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure thing! I'm doing some work on my computer.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In most cases if the problem is an electronic control issue with the transmission the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. Has the computer system been scanned to see if there are any fault code setting. Post back with them and we can work from there.