Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

2003 S500 4matic. - Intermittent Pre-safe, ABS, ESP BAS

Customer Question

2003 S500 4matic. - Intermittent Pre-safe, ABS, ESP BAS malfunction. No speedometer and transmission stuck in low gear. Does not communicate with OBD. No codes found.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Any time the computer sees a system fault it will turn the CEL on and set and store a fault code. In order to determine what is causing the CEL to come on you need to scan the system again and retrieve the fault code and or codes . If you can get this done, post back with the results and I will advise you from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 Fault Codes are P20CC-8 & P2068. Technician said he attempted to connect to ESP Module multiple times, with no avail.
UNABLE TO COMMUNICATE!
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

The code P2068 indicates a fuel level sensor B problem which usually means you have a failing sending unit in the tank. I find to reference to the code P20CC which in most cases means it s not valid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Technician said P20CC-8 is Rough Road Detection Signal (by comparing wheel speeds). Could be a number of causes since it was erratic and cannot be reproduced. - Thanks for trying to help. ~Paul
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Im not finding any reference to it so I have assume he is correct.