Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

We have a 2008 ML350. A lot of strange electrical things are

Customer Question

Hello. We have a 2008 ML350. A lot of strange electrical things are going on with it. The following items just stopped working: wipers (washer fluid however does work), blinkers, power lift gate, and cigarette lighter. One day the battery was drained because for some reason the rear parking lights were on, although they seemed dim. I haven't seen that problem again. Also one day at work the horn started beeping a handful of times and stopped. Then another time the door locks started cycling on their own. Either it's the previous owner's spirit wants me out or I have a strange electrical problem I don't know where to start at. Any suggestions.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hi im kevin have you noticed any water in car anywhere parcularly in boot on right hand side ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kevin. I have not noticed any water. I have checked all fuses and I also checked the lift gate computer under the spare tire. I reset the connections and tried holding the lift gate power button for about 5 seconds. There was no water in that area. About 6 months ago I had to replace the fan blower motor as it had quit. I heard that leaves can cause water to drain incorrectly and corrode the computer board on that. I'm not really sure of where the boot you are referring to is. All these problems seemed to start when the tail lights went haywire and illuminated themselves that one night and ran down the battery. I also had the vehicle jump started. Is that a problem with this vehicle? Someone stated in a post a concern about that. On an unrelated question, can I ask you why the other day when I went to change out and idler pulley (the one on the water pump) that it doesn't seem to spin with any type of torque applied to the bolt. Seems I have to leave it a bit loose for it to freely spin. I did that, and then I put the belt back on there was a squealing noise. I'm regretting buying this car all of a sudden.
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

hello, the fist thing I need you to do is start the truck and check all the rear fuses for power in the trunk. my bet is you have a bad sam or bad circuit 15 relay that is not kicking on to allow power to the circuits you are having a issue with. this is a very common problem and I can get you fixed up for sure. let me know the fuse numbers that do not have power when the truck is running and I can narrow the issue down. Lou.