Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I also noticed time the switch in the console has not

Customer Question

hello I also noticed for a long time the switch in the console has not released the trunk. ON this switch by the cup holder the small red light in the switch is always on. Also the trunk button on the trunk would usually work fine if the car was just shut off. I was also wondering if the alarm would fail to energize on locking if it did not recieve a signal from the trunk that it was locked because I noticed the car would not lock if any door was ajar such as my drivers door held unlatched from the seat belt stuck in it
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, if the light in the trunk switch is always lit the PSE module will assume that the trunk is open therefore the switch would not open the trunk. If the trunk is open the alarm will not arm itself. Common causes of this problem are a faulty trunk lock or microswitch or a faulty PSE module for the central locking and alarm.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty

Expert:  Karenk-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
http://www.justanswer.co.uk/email/8xfyj-need-recover-mail-sent-last-may-deleted.html
Thank you, ***** Support Team.