Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  35 years experience in the automotive and Lt truck repair business, owner Cardoctor LLC Guthrie, OK
36867192

I hava 2002 mercedes e430 Now the alarm does not signal on

Customer Question

Hello, I hava 2002 mercedes e430 Now the alarm does not signal on the locking with the remote only the opening does one blink of the outer lights. the trunk lid with the remote did take as many as 20 or more pushes to open the trunk unless I just turned the car off then it worked right away. Now the electris of the rear latch do not seem to work at all i have to open the trunk with the emergency key manually. Also the turn signals on both sides blink very irregular. I do not even try to set the alarm now as it will go off at any time so i just lock the drivers door with the manual key. the door locks go up and down fine but do not make the lights blink upon locking.One day in the rain the little green light on the headlight switch was flickering.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 11 months ago.

Most likely you have a faulty SAM module which will have to diagnosed and replaced at your local MBZ dealer because it will require programming once located and replaced, Please RATE my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not Please ASK me another question, I will continue to answer your questions, even after rating is given until you are completely satisfied with my answers.