Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I have issue with right turn signal. it starts on solid in

Customer Question

I have issue with right turn signal. it starts on solid in front and back even when key is out of car. I've been clicking remote to get it off. it works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. last time it occurred my central locking stopped working. lights flash when I press remote but no lock's engage and alarm doesn't work
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also gas lights start flashing when car idles for five minutes or more.
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

Most likely the vehicle has a faulty SAM module that will need to be replaced by your local MBZ dealer because once replaced it will require programming. Please RATE my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not Please ASK me another question, I will continue to answer your questions, even after rating is given until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will that fix the central locking issue
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** can help. A 2000 SL500 does not use a SAM module. The problem you are describing is caused by a fault with the central locking vacuum pump located in the trunk. The central locking pump controls the locks and also the alarm system. If the side lights are staying on occasionally it would indicate a fault with the pump. Replacing the central locking pump will take care of both the locking problem and the side lights staying on.

Your flashing gas light is indicative of a leak in the fuel tank vapor recovery system. The most common cause is a poorly sealing or loose fuel filler cap. Check the cap and see if it is secure first. If the cap is tight and the seal on the cap is good you will need to have the rest of the system checked for leakage.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. Did you receive my reply yesterday?