FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE DIESEL/AUTOMOTIVE
1627031

I have a 2008 GL450 that starts normally in the morning.

Customer Question

Good day, I have a 2008 GL450 that starts normally in the morning. After driving for a while and stopping the engine it may exhibit a difficulty to restart as if it is starved of fuel. This happens intermittently. However, when wait for 10-20mins later it would then start normally. Once the engine is running it does not exhibit any problems or stops that could indicate cut of fuel, and it continues to run normally as long as I don't switch off the engine. Please have you seen these symptoms and can you advice me on how to resolve it. The crankshaft position sensor and fuel pumps were changed but the problem is still there. It has become so intermittent that it appears sometime after starting the engine a second time in the morning on the same spot without much warming up.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. The two most common causes I have seen that cause this is a connection issue at the fuel pump relay or a problem with the electronic ignition switch. Most of the time it is a connection issue. You would have to determine if the fuel pump is kicking on or not when this problem is occurring. Please let me know if you need more help.