Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

ESP and ABS light SHOWING ON THE DASH
, The ESP light

Customer Question

Customer: ESP and ABS light SHOWING ON THE DASH
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The ESP light and the ABS warning came on Also, the steering wheel is hard to turn.. Very stiff
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The ESP and the ABS light come on when the computer system sees a system fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to know what is failing the first thing you are going to need to do is to have the computer system scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved. If you can get this done and post back with them. I can advise you on what is failing.