Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

, I have a mercedes ML 350 2005. I have a problem with

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Rodriguez
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a mercedes ML(###) ###-#### ***** have a problem with starting. First I replaced the starter bacuse it eas just clicking. It worked for a while. Then I changed the battery which was almost new. It seemed to work. The it started clicking again and sometimes it would crank normally. Then I replaced the starter again for a Bosch rather than an aftermarket..It worked for a day, then it would only click. The starter solenoid relay is fine becuse I siwitch it with the horn relay that is the same., If I jump the solenoid with a screwdriver, it will work, but soon will go back to clicking.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

When the clicking starts can you take your 12 volt test light and or a volt meter and at the starter check and see what the voltage readings are at both the large battery cable and the small start wire at the starter while holding the key in the crank position. Check this for me and post back with the results and we can work from there to determine the cause.