Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Have a S430 2002 have replaced the fuel pump the CPS, ..

Customer Question

Customer: Have a S430 2002 have replaced the fuel pump the CPS, .. many other things including new battery everything seemingly fine until temperature dipped to 10 degrees and below cannot eve get the key in ignition untilit is 11 degrees and above and Bingo iyt works
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: vehicle will not turn over unless it is 11 degrees and above
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** your problem is that you cannot turn the key in the ignition when it is very cold you will need to replace the ignition switch. This is a fairly common complaint in northern climates. Replacing the ignition switch or warming the interior of the car will cure the problem.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty