Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Battery light is on. i went to auto zone to check battery

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. battery light is on. i went to auto zone to check battery and alternator. they alternator dropped slightly, they suggested a new battery. should I go and have the code checked or just replace the battery?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a ml320. the car has been running rough. the battery light comes intermittenly. 2001 ml
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: how long?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 10 months ago.

Hi, if the battery light is on it indicates a fault with the alternator or the wiring, not with the battery. If the battery still starts the car you need to have a more thorough check performed on the alternator circuit.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty

Expert:  Marty replied 10 months ago.

Please rate my service as this is the only way that I receive credit from the website for helping you.