FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE DIESEL/AUTOMOTIVE
1627031

My name is ***** *****, and I just got a used CLK550 with

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****, and I just got a used CLK550 with 34,000 miles on it and I have a code P0025
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: No. Just the check engine light came on and when I used Car MD to read the fault code, that is what showed up.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you give me the year of the vehicle?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
2008

Thank you. This code typically means that you need a new cam adjuster solenoid on the driver side of the engine. It is located on the front of the cylinder head. Most of the time replacing this will fix the problem. I have also seen the actuators fail and even an internal balance shaft problem that can cause this, but those are not as common and are much more expensive to replace. I would start with the solenoid. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else.