MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

Vehicle 2007GL450 Problem ABS code C1112 and C3271. I

Customer Question

vehicle 2007GL450 Problem ABS code C1112 and C3271. I replaced the right front wheel bearing and these codes came up. Replaced the sensor, still got the codes. pushed the axle back and polished the ring that the sensor looks at. It was painted, left one was rusty looking and it works. I thought that the paint was messing up the signal. Still getting the codes??? Answer to my problems; drive it over big cliff.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Kevin replied 11 months ago.

Hi I'm Kevin can you send me a picture of the painted part ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No Kevin I have already put it back together. The painted part, was the very end of the cvc joint on the front axle drive shaft that goes into the drive hub. With the sensor out you see that part of the drive shaft.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Most cars have a little toothed ring that the sensor looks at, but this one is just a smooth collar on the axle shaft.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks Kevin, I hope I get the responds before I burn it to the ground.
Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** you still online?