gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  VW Technician, VW FastTrack, VW Academy, VW Certified
12249065

I have a mercedes e500 after changing the plugs and start it

Customer Question

I have a mercedes e500 after changing the plugs and start it up everything was fine for about 5min it then shut down. I tried starting it again , i can hear the key engage and when i turn it dashboard lights come up but in the start position no cranking. I checked all fuses and changed the motor control unit but the problem still the exists. I took it to a mercedes repair shop and they cant find the problem. I hope you can help.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 11 months ago.

have you tried cranking the engine over by hand with a breaker bar, to be sure the engine turns? How many miles/km are on the vehicle? Have the timing chains every been changed?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i can turn the engine by hand. It has 120000mls and the timing chain was never change. Before this problem it was running perfect and no timing chain noise, no drop in oil pressure.

OK- and a Mercedes specialist can't find the problem? When you try to turn it to the start position, do all the lights on the dash go out, and accessories shut off (power supply relay cuts off power to anything unnecessary in order to direct all power to starter)? Do you have battery voltage at the starter main cable, and do you have battery voltage at the solenoid terminal when turning to start position?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will be happy to talk should i call you or you call me . I am in The Bahamas it would take me a couple of days to set up the call. I will text you to arrange the call.