Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

3rd brake light and license plate lamps are not working.

Customer Question

Customer: 3rd brake light and license plate lamps are not working. Could this be a fuse and where would I start looking. ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2007 E-350 Merc., the light indicator or message tells me the 3rd brake is inopperative.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Okay
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** are no serviceable fuses for the brake lights and license plate lights.

Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.

Those lights are controlled by a signal acquisition module. They are fused internally within the module.

Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.

This problem is usually caused by broken wires in the wiring harness at the left trunk hinge.

Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.

Click here for a youtube video that shows the problem area.

Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.

Let me know if you need anything else. Please note that you must rate my service in order for the website to credit me for helping you.

Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you on this question. I see that you have not rated my service yet. Please note that if you do not rate my service or reply back to me to let me know that you are satisfied with my help I do not receive credit from the website.

Please let me know if you need anything. Kindly rate my service when you are done.

Marty

Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes question. Was my answer helpful?

Marty

Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.

Please note that you must rate my service in order for the website to credit me for helping you.

Expert:  Marty replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I see that you have not rated my service on this question. If the information I provided was helpful please rate my service so I can receive credit from the website for helping you.

Marty