Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

I have the interlock in my 2011 ml 350 Mercedes. .I am

Customer Question

I have the interlock in my 2011 ml 350 Mercedes. .I am having problems with the system going in and out.the monitor blinks on and off.The ignition switch does not work at times and its drains my battery. What could it be
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this is an after market interlock this may be a fault with the after market interlock assembly itself with it draining the battery and causing the ignition switch to act up.I have seen after market components act up like this here before and had to remove the after market component to correct this issue.If this is not an after market component let me know so we can continue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete