Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

I have a Mercedes C220. An error message has suddenly

Customer Question

I have a Mercedes C220. An error message has suddenly appeared on the dashboard which reads "Coolant! Check level" and the gears have also stopped shifting. I've checked the coolant and it's full -- and we topped up the washer liquid; however, the error message remains.
Please help:
Are these two problems connected?
What's the best way to resolve it?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The message you are getting in most cases if you are sure the cooling system is full can be caused by a low coolant sensor and this should not usually have any affect on the transmission. In order to determine what is causing the shift problem you need to start first with having the computer system scanned to see if there are any fault codes setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will advise you from there.