FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE DIESEL/AUTOMOTIVE
1627031

2003 Sl500 was driving and heard a noise/pop the red ABC

Customer Question

2003 Sl500 was driving and heard a noise/pop the red ABC light came on. Car didn't drop down. Got home and no ABC fluid. Added ABC fluid and move car into garage. Lots of ABC behind left front tire. Again car didn't drop but lots of ABC fluid. I'm going to take off the wheel well cover and inspect. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. It sounds like you have a rupture in the left front suspension. Usually it is a leak in the strut assembly. As long as the system can keep pumping and does not draw in air then it will not usually lower to the ground. Once the fluid is low enough the vehicle will drop. You need to find the location of the leak. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else.