Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Just bought 1991 Mercedes 300sl. Radio not working. When I

Customer Question

Customer: Just bought 1991 Mercedes 300sl. Radio not working. When I push power button it lights up with the word wait, blinking
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it is the radio with cassette player
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I.ll have to get back to you.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** radio requires a unique code in order to activate the radio. The radio will display WAIT if the incorrect code is entered 3 times. You will need to leave the key tuned on to the first position and leave the radio turned on until WAIT changes to CODE then you can enter the correct code to activate the radio. If you don't have the code you can post your vin number and I can check the Mercedes database to see if a radio code is on file for your car. If there is no code on file you will need to remove the radio and give me the serial number from the back of the radio.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes question. Was my answer helpful?

Marty