Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

I have a 2008 Mercedes CL K350 convertible. I just recently

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2008 Mercedes CL K350 convertible. I just recently had the front windshield replaced. I also gave a car a jump recently– (included just in case electrical might be involved).
Problem - I recently tried to put the top-down and it worked up until the top needed to lift off the front windshield but then nothing happened. I can close it up again but when I try to put it down it always stops at that same position.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are describing can be caused by any of the following,

• Convertible Top Hydraulic Pump
  • Convertible Top Position Switch
  • Convertible Top Storage Lid Latch
  • Fuse
  • Roll Bar Assembly

In order to determine what has failed you are going to need to do some testing, See the steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link toy our browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Con%20Top%20Jan%204.pdf
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Ron, thank you for your reply. I have already done all the things that I could find online and the manual. Everything's seems to be working just fine except when the top needs to lift off the front windshield. It stops but the motor keeps running. The company that replaced the windshield is coming out to take a look. They seem to think it has something to do with the installation of the windshield. Maybe a sensor?
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Okay that a good place to start. Let me know the results and we can work from there.