MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

My friend and I were replacing the struts on my brother's

Customer Question

My friend and I were replacing the struts on my brother's 1993 Mercedes 300TE Wagon, and somehow the jack ended up punching a hole into the oil pan. I know this means that the pan has to be replaced, and I am not happy about this, but when I went down to clean of the excess oil to see if I could possibly patch the hole, I saw up inside of the hole there were what looked like cylinders, and gears of some kind, and I am concerned that they may have been damaged.
Can you tell me what is covered by the oil pan near the front of the vehicle in order to save me replacing the pan, and finding out later that there was more extensive damage done??
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 11 months ago.

There is an oil pump that is driven off the crank. How large of a hole do you have?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is fairly large, I do not have a picture as yet, but it looks like you could probably push a football into it....
It also looked like ALL of the oil came gushing out onto the street. If I had to give a measurement, I would say it was 6-8 inches across, and the jack slammed up into it hard, which is why my concern.
It was ignorant to keep the jack under there since it was already on stands, but that is what happened, nd when the car shifted the jack punch a massive hole into the pan. I can get a replacement oil pan, but it will be harsh to swap them out just to find out there was more extensive damage, and have to just remove the pan again to fix.I will try to get a photo to add in the morning but I have an all-niter shift tonight and it is too dark to get under there now truly!!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
punched**
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I apologize, but that is kind of the answer I was hoping not to get here....
Also, ir does not seem very thorough, so I am going to have to request a refund for this man, no offense!!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
You answered my question with another question, and that is not truly helpful to me....
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This page appears to be broken somehow as it will not allow me to click a star rating??
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Also, when I go to Order History there is no option to request a refund??
Is anything here working??
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are you sure that you are an actual mechanic Gomi??
Because I do not appreciate being charged for an answer that is essentially just another question....
Also, I WANT MY REFUND!!