Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Dietz. Our heat is working but not blowing after getting

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Dietz. Our heat is working but not blowing after getting water coming in from a car wash over on the passenger side coming through the glove box. Was wondering where the fuse is for this blower motor
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just did
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: How long?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you can tell me the year and model I can check the fuse location.Your blower/fan motor may be damaged from the water intrusion and may need replaced as well as the fuse as I have seen several times before when water makes it in through the air inlet into the blower housing.This will have to be inspected further to see if this is the case here with the blower fan motor and fuse needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a 1998. Yes I really needed a response sooner and had considered contacting someone for a refund. We were working on the car for a trip.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay and posted as soon as I saw your question myself.

Do you still need or want help with this and if so what 1998 Mercedes model is this vehicle here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
C230
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,the fuse your looking for is fuse 29 which is a 30 amp fuse located under the hood in the engine bay on the drivers side.If this fuse is blown it needs replaced then re check the blower operation.If the blower still does not work or if it shorts out the fuse again the blower motor needs replaced as well.Here are some diagrams of this fuse and its location.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mmytuh5rc5y5oee/fuse-01-03.gif?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a220j45humfq4hn/f-01-03.gif?dl=0

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where wouls be the blower motor that may need replacing
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay.

The blower motor is located under the dash on the passenger side.You have to remove the under dash panel under the dash on the passenger side to then access and remove it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eyd7wf1nyeu04j3/blow-01-04.gif?dl=0

There will be some screws that secure the under dash panel that needs removed below the glove box and then screws that secure the blower motor in place that need removed to remove the blower motor itself.

Thanks Pete