Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

E320 1994, forward gears fine,reverse feels like it wants to

Customer Question

e320 1994, forward gears fine,reverse feels like it wants to work,then when I touch the throttle it won't go . idleing `it will back up if on level ground,a little. allen richter naukati Alaska, richter***@******.***... thanks
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.

Hi Allen, my name is***** is a very common problem with the Mercedes 722.3 and 722.4 transmission. Assuming that the fluid level is ok you will need to remove the transmission and replace the reverse clutches. In most cases I recommend a complete overhaul but replacing the reverse clutches will restore reverse operation. In some cases the reverse clutch support breaks and will need to be replaced.

Let me know if you have any questions. Please remember to rate my service as this is the only way that I can receive credit from the website for helping you.

Marty

Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes question. Was my answer helpful?

Marty