Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

2011 ML350 Blue tech, fuse 60 (5 amp in rear compartment)

Customer Question

2011 ML350 Blue tech, fuse 60 (5 amp in rear compartment) keeps blowing resulting in no windshield wipers or Blind spot assist. What is next step for diagnosis? Can;t be a bad wiper motor as this is only the 5 amp fuse, so thinking either bad relay or something related to the blind spot assist sensors. Very hard to trouble shoot as we now don;t get any wiring diagrams.
Roy
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If anything after market has been installed there is a chance the after market component is shorting out internally or that there is a wiring fault from the after market component if it is tied into this 5 amp fuse that is causing this here.

This 5 amp circuit feeds these components (and some I was unable to locate the component name)

N10/8 Rear SAM control module

B29/4

B29/5

E13/2

B84/3

B123/4 Emergency call control module (Teleaid/Mbrace control unit).

This is a fuse controlled by the ignition that sends voltage with the key on or engine running.It is a low voltage circuit still feeding 12 volts to these components but these components not drawing very many amps through this circuit this is why it is a 5 amp fuse.

One place you can get a complete diagram for your model here for a small fee that is good for one year and covers all diagrams,repair and diagnosis info for your model is https://www.alldatadiy.com/.

I suspect one of these components is causing the short needing replaced or wiring is pinched leading to one of these components from the fuse itself.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Pete, thanks for your response, but you have not told me anything I don't really already know. i did go to the all data website and bought the info for me car, however I can;t seam to find the information i need. There fuse diagram is also incomplete, does not list all the fuses. I had already found them previously on the web for free. complete list.
also don;t know how to look up components such as E13/2 you mention above or how to locate the rear sam.I had replaced the fuse once and it blew again, but this time i replaced and did the following:
waited with ignition on
opened clove compartment - light came on and stayed on - fuse also controls this (e13/2)
waited
turned on wipers, different modes and spray - all good (so relay F58kB) should be good -( appears you missed this in your email as fuse also controls that)
Started vehicle - fuse still good
but now SRS malfunction light is on - go to dealer. -Could that have been triggered by the rear SAM not getting power?Still don;t know why the fuse blew - some people suggested rear sam might be wet, but still trying to locate that - Help here please. I am thinking it is related to the rear SAM or pinched, braised wire -which could be very hard to find.So I mow have to go to dealer for SRS, but that is 150km away, sigh...But I also have code P0120 (for several months), appears my throttle position sensor at idle is reporting 30% when it should be zero. Any idea's on that? Accelerator pedal was changed, but that was not the culprit. So maybe complete throttle body with sensor needs to be changed, or can sensor on that be changed?Thanks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Located my rear SAM, it is under the rear right seat, looks good and dry and now wire issues that are visible. Would be nice to know what B29/4, B29/5 and B84/3 are, just to verify those items are not the culprit of causing fuse to blow.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Oh and with the SRS malfunction, red warnings to take to dealer, no tach (until rev high), windshield wiper activates once, and warning alarm keeps sounding, it will also not let be put it into drive (or reverse) so can;t actually drive anywhere! If I disconnect the batter negative lead for 10 minutes, would this possibly reset things?The 5 amp fuse is still good, has not blown since my multiple engine starts and stops. Maybe I have another blown fuse, i guess i should check them all...
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete