Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Fog lights wont go off even with engine off only one side

Customer Question

fog lights wont go off even with engine off only one side
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

One common component that will cause this type of fault here is the Front SAM control module/ecu itself.This ecu controls and monitors the lights and can fail internally electronically causing this issue here needing replaced.I have seen the Front SAM fail before in the past like this here affecting the lights and can keep one or more lights on like this here.If you have not had the fault codes checked to see what codes are set this needs done.Any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.I suspect the SAM will need replaced.

This can cost over $1000 to have replaced and a dealer has to code/program it with their SDS machine before it will operate properly in your vehicle.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete