Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I got a 190E Benz when it is cold it 't want to idle but at

Customer Question

I got a 190E Benz when it is cold it don't want to idle but at nomal running temp.it idles
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Joe Barfield replied 1 year ago.

Hello , You should first Clean the Throttle Body Butterflies & Add Throttle body & Injector Cleaner in gas tank.....Drive a tank full & repeat.......

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, perhaps I can help. Cleaning the throttle body is not likely to solve anything if the car idles fine when it is warm. The most common cause of poor cold running on this model is a bad overvoltage protection relay or a blown fuse in the relay. The relay is located behind the battery. First check the fuses in the relay and if they are good I would substitute a known good overvoltage protection relay and see if it solves the problem.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes question. Was my answer helpful?

Marty