Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

2000 E 320 4Matic two new dealer supplied gas caps stuck was

Customer Question

2000 E 320 4Matic two new dealer supplied gas caps stuck was able to remove before looking at your site by getting one side lose.. Filler neck looks fine like new why aren't the caps working two defective caps?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** are only two possibilities. Either the new caps are defective or the filler neck is distorted and grabbing the caps as you try to remove them. I'd try using a liberal amount of Vaseline on the cap and on the filler neck. Make sure that you get the Vaseline on the inside upper edge of the neck. If the caps still rotate the white part out of position when you remove them there has to be a slight distortion of the filler neck.

Marty

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes question. Was my answer helpful?

Marty