Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

My name is ***** *****. while driving home today in my 2009

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. while driving home today in my 2009 SL550, I bumped the headlight sprayer with my knee and the moved it back forward wit my hand. Afterwards I noticed ABC on the left panel and malfunction on the right. It was not in RED but white and did not say stop car
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Thanks Paul. I have no steering issue nor has the car dropped and it has been in my garage for over 3 hours and no leak on the floor.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes sir
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Most likely bumping the sprayer didnt have anything to do with the ABC and malfunction light/indicator unless the sprayer got some electronics wet for the ABC suspension system but this is unlikely this sounds like it was just a coincidence.

Since the vehicle isnt leaking any fluids and it sounds like it hasnt dropped this is most likely an ABC suspension sensor at fault like a level sensor possibly as these can be common to fail.

What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked in the suspension computer using a scan tool or dealers SDS machine (star diagnostic machine) to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.

I suspect a sensor has failed or is failing needing replaced and having the codes checked will help locate the cause since there are several sensors and components on your model here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete