Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 2015 mercedes glk350 and an iPod touch. the iPod

Customer Question

i have a 2015 mercedes glk350 and an iPod touch. the iPod will not stay charged using the cable provided for media interface.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, is the ipod charge light coming on when the cable is attached to show power is going to it? If not, then we may have an issue with the media interface module or power feed to it.

Also, I need the last 8 of the vin to pull schematics and check for related service bulletins

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I plugged my fully charged iPod touch in the car yesterday afternoon. I just went and checked it and the battery is completely drained. It shows the picture of the empty battery. What has been happening is when I first get in the car and turn it on I get a message that says device not connected. After driving for about 10 minutes, screen shows "activating device" and then the iPod starts playing and is charging. I took the car in a month ago and they replaced the cable. It worked for a few weeks. Now when I get in the car in the morning, battery of iPod is drained and i have to wait for it to turn on.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is anyone going to answer?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I received an email asking to rate your service, but you haven't answered my question! Please see the box above with more information about the problem I'm having.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No one has ever responded. I am extremely disappointed. Obviously I won't be recommending your service to anyone, and will give you a very poor rating.