Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

07r350 blower motor stay on after car is off

Customer Question

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This is a common fault and usually what fails here is the blower resistor/regulator which is attached to the blower motor itself.This controls the blower fan turn on and turn off and it shorts out internally causing this issue here.In order to replace this the entire blower motor needs replaced as on this model the resistor/regulator is part of the blower motor itself.The cost can run around $600 in some cases or as low as $400 as I have found online and about a half hours labor to have replaced.

This is located under the dash on the passenger side.The under dash paneling is removed and then the connectors and screws can be accessed to replace this blower motor/resistor assembly.Below is a picture of what is looks like.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5gtotwxrhonvo4t/blow-12-29.jpg?dl=0

Sometimes you can locate it and just tap on it and it may turn off.But if the fault continues or if it doesnt come back on again then it will need replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete