Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

The check engine light of my c250 w204 turn on. Is it will

Customer Question

The check engine light of my c250 w204 turn on. Is it will turn off when the problem is fixed?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** check engine light will not turn off when the problem is fixed. The fault code in the engine computer will need to be erased using a Mercedes scan tool in order for the light to turn off. In some cases the light will eventually turn off on it's own but it could take weeks of driving before that happens.

Let me know if you have any questions. Please click on a rating for my answer as this is the only way that I receive credit from the website for helping you.

Marty

Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you on this question. I see that you have not rated my service on this question. Was my answer helpful?

Marty