Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

My name is ***** ***** I have a repair facility have a 06 ml

Customer Question

Customer: HI my name is ***** ***** I have a repair facility have a 06 ml 350 it says car is not in park wont start shifter does not move
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: car is in park wont move was towed in on a dolly
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes code im getting is c404 or 1708
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs done is to check and make sure the main battery has a good charge in it.If the battery is weak or dead at all this will cause this fault here and the battery will need re charged or replaced to correct this fault here.If the battery has already been checked and found to be o.k. the common component that can fail and cause this issue is the ISM (electronic shifter module) on the side of the transmission itself.I will send the service you are requesting here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete