Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

We are driving an rv with a Mercedes chassis. The panel

Customer Question

We are driving an rv with a Mercedes chassis. The panel keeps blinking 600 every few minutes in the odometer section of the instrument cluster. We can not find any information in the booklet.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is the 600 off to the left with one or two wrenches above it at all?Similar to this here?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vuwz94b4c9augmy/sprint-12-28.jpg?dl=0

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but it is a different configuration. We are currently driving and had an oil change 300 miles ago. It blinks about every 20 miles. There is 20 k miles on the engine
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Was this an issue before and after the oil change and was the change done at a dealer or authorized service center?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just after and not at an authorized dealer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now it reads 700
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,this is your service reminder.It looks like it was not reset possibly.This can be common when a place changes oil and does not reset the reminder or that there are more services needed that they did not do so they did not reset it.Since it moved from 600 to 700 it looks like it is counting past due mileage.It will jump up like this here when the vehicle is driven.

It would be best for a dealer or authorized repair center to plug into your vehicle to see what services are due so they can be done then the system reset to remove this display.You can also reset it yourself.Try this procedure below.If this doesnt work let me know.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3xxijsf98bnbcyb/spr-12-28.gif?dl=0

1 Switch on ignition. If the exceeding of the maintenance interval is shown in the display, you have to wait until the readout in the display automatically jumps over to total km. Only then is it possible to get into the service menu. 2 Press button 0 on the instrument cluster for Approx.. 30 s until a beep sounds. 3.1 On diesel engines with a long oil change interval: Press button M (1) repeatedly until "rESEt .51" is shown on the display or on older instrument clusters "rESEt 229.5" is shown together with the oil can symbol. 3.2 On diesel engines with a long oil change interval: Press button M (1) repeatedly until "rESEt .31" is shown on the display or on older instrument clusters "rESEt 229.3" is shown together with the oil can symbol. 3.3 On gasoline engines with a long oil change: Press the button M (1) on the instrument cluster until "rESEt 229.5" is shown on the display together with the oil can symbol: 3.4 On gasoline engines with short oil change interval: Press button M (1) on the instrument cluster until "rESEt 229.3" is shown on the display with the oil can symbol. 4 Press button 0 in the instrument cluster for Approx.. 3 s, release and press again. Should the wrong oil type have inadvertently been selected when resetting the maintenance computer, proceed as follows. 5 Switch ignition off/on. 6 Press button 0 on the instrument cluster for Approx.. 30 s until a beep sounds. 7 Press button M (1) on the instrument cluster until "rESEt StoP" is shown on the display together with the oil can symbol. 8 Press button 0 in the instrument cluster for Approx.. 3 s, release and press again. 9 Repeat steps 3 and 4.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete