Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Marty, my name is ***** *****. I recently replaced the

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Marty, my name is ***** *****. I recently replaced the ignition module on my 2007 S550 and now my radio and CD player has stopped working. The navigation system is working. The message regarding the radio is device unavailable. Please advise, thanks.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Everything worked fine before replacing the module. Is there something that must be reset or is there a code for the radio?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes I have something else to do that will take me around 10 to 15 minutes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs done is to check and make sure no fuses shorted out when this was replaced.If a fuse has shorted out when this was replaced this can cause this issue here.If all fuses have been or are checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete