FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE DIESEL/AUTOMOTIVE
1627031

Noise in my 2008 cl63 when I drive it whines I believe its

Customer Question

Customer: noise in my 2008 cl63 when I drive it whines I believe its coing from my power steering pump
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes we put it on a lift put a stethoscope on power steering oump its noisey I start driving it whines at lower speeds
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. It is common for the power steering pump to start to fail on this vehicle and make noise. It can also occur if the fluid is just low. If the fluid is full, but has never been changed then you may want to start there as old fluid can cause this. If the issue persists then it will need to be replaced. Please let me know if you need further help.