FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE DIESEL/AUTOMOTIVE
1627031

My 2007 GL450 doesn't start. Key doesn't turn and none of

Customer Question

My 2007 GL450 doesn't start. Key doesn't turn and none of the displays, door locks, or any of the electricals work. Not even the lights come on opening the door - nothing electrical. The main battery was just replaced a few days ago so I figured something must be draining the battery as other posts has suggested. Since the key wouldn't even turn/crank to jump start, I figured the battery must be completely dead...so connected it to an external battery charger only to discover the battery has full charge...so any ideas why none of the electricals work? Is it a fuse? What could be the problem?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you tell me if just the main battery was replaced or if the auxiliary battery was replaced also?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Main battery was replaced and the auxiliary battery was ordered but not installed yet. But would the auxiliary battery alone cause all electric in the SUV not to work?!

It will keep the vehicle from powering up. It provides power to the inside of the vehicle. If you have a voltage meter I would check for power at the fuses to make sure they are getting power from the main battery.