Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

I changed the ecu of ssangyong rextonand the key cylinder. I

Customer Question

I changed the ecu of ssangyong rexton(###) ###-####and the key cylinder. I did reset the ecu but I was not able to code the key, meanwhile the check engine light os not coming up. What could be the problem and solution?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

With the check engine light not coming on check and make sure no fuses had shorted out when the ECU was replaced as this will cause this fault here.If a fault is found with one or more of the fuses the affected fuses need replaced and then the vehicle re checked for proper operation and to see if you can then code the key.If no fuses are found to be blown let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete