sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2012 Mercedes C-300 4 matic and I want to know how

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Mercedes C-300 4 matic and I want to know how the ESP function works and what is the purpose of the assist alternative. Thanks.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I'd need to know what assist system you were wondering about to address that.

The ESP system uses an array of sensors to help control the vehicle. The system watches the wheel speed sensors, steering angle sensor and yaw sensors mainly to determine if the vehicle is doing what you intend. If it sees the vehicle pushing through a corner for instance then it will apply brakes on the inside wheels to bring it back under control. It has the ability to apply the brakes at any wheel for stability control or traction control functions, and it can also retard the throttle to limit engine power.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks

You're welcome!