Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Start error 2000 ml320
, the car won't start after the

Customer Question

Customer: Start error 2000 ml320
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the car won't start after the new key was programmed at the dealership. they got it started and we drove it home. once we turned the car off we couldn't start it again. A second trip to the dealership we were told they would have to check all the wires to see why the car is doing this.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, was the new key bought from MB or was it bought online thru Ebay?

If possible, I need the last 8 digits of the vin to check for any known issues as well as pulling the schematics to see where the issue may lie