sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Can I recline the rear seat of a 2002 c32 amg and how?

Customer Question

can I recline the rear seat of a 2002 c32 amg and how?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

No, there isn't a provision to be able to recline the rear seat. The seat is mounted solid at the base and rear shelf and there isn't a recliner mechanism.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can it be remove to access the trunk?

Yes, removing the seat back should allow access to the trunk.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could you tell me the steps involved in removing the seat back?

The seat base is first removed by pulling up on the front and releasing the latches. This will expose the bolts that hold the bottom of the seat back. Remove these bolts.

Behind the head rest area on each side is a latch that holds the back of the seat to the rear shelf. In the trunk you'll find an open area in the sheet metal in this area where the back of the latch can be seen. At the bottom of the latch there is a small hole where a screwdriver is inserted to release the latch and remove the seat.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately i can t access the trunk. A sweater got jammed on the mechanism and it will not open.that is why i m trying to get to it from the rear seat

You can try to remove the bolts at the bottom of the seat and work your way under it and into the trunk then.