Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Heavy Line Mech-, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years. R/S, etc.
1609972

We have a 2013 GLK350 that I bought with engine issues (Quik

Customer Question

Customer: We have a 2013 GLK350 that I bought with engine issues (Quik Lube failed to replace engine oil). The engine and transmission were removed, engine rebuilt and unit reinstalled. Mechanic drove it 1/2 mile and transmission lost engagement. I don't have the code #, but it was gear impossible or incorrect gear ratio. Does this have anything to do with wiring or the engine/transmission being removed? Car has 36K ***** *****.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sorry, that is about all I know. All the wiring conncetions have been pulled apart to check for bent connectors, car just doesn't engage in any gear, forward or reverse.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes, that's reasonable. It is Christmas eve but I ran across this site.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 11 months ago.

.

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”
.

The engine and transmission were removed, engine rebuilt and unit reinstalled.

It seems they have NOT Reprogrammed the Transmission with the latest updates & likely have not Programmed the Engine ECM, since the Battery was disconnected & likely memory has been erased.
It would be advisable to have a Mercedes Dealer Program, as typically most Auto Shops will NOT have recent updates

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.