sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

2000 E320 alarm and trunk opening - out of control. Window

Customer Question

Customer: 2000 E320 alarm and trunk opening - out of control. Window grimlins in control.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: PSE a little wet but dried out
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I'll try.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The alarm functions and electronic opening of the trunk are controlled directly by the PSE. If you're having issues with both and the PSE was wet then it's almost certainly going to need to be replaced.

What are the actual symptoms you're experiencing?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The PSE has dried out but there seems to be a slow response to the trunk opening when opened with the key. The other symptoms are interior lights don't come on during the opening of the door and the exterior lights do not flash when the car is locked with the key. I understand this is done through the radio.

You said there were alarm issues also?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How do you reset the door locks, interior lights, and horn when locking the doors. I think drying out the PSE area resolved the grimlin problem. Quiet night last night and today.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Where is the Secondary Battery in a 2000 E320? Why does the red light on the trunk release switch stays on?

There isn't anything that can be reset.

What is the door lock problem?

Has the interior light dimmer been checked to make sure the lights haven't been turned off?

Do the lights turn on manually at the dimmer?

Does the door ajar light come on when the doors are opened?

There is one battery in the trunk.