FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE DIESEL/AUTOMOTIVE
1627031

My Mercedes sometimes doesn't have power when I'm

Customer Question

my Mercedes sometimes doesn't have power when I'm driving. The speedometer will remain at 0 when I'm driving and the steering wheel is hard to turn.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thanks for the question. Can you tell me if the check engine light is coming on when this occurs?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Most of the time this is a problem with a vehicle speed sensor. If it stops reading then the computer has no way of knowing how to calculate things like shift points. Since the check engine light is on the computer needs to be scanned for codes to see what problem it is identifying. Most auto parts stores will scan the computer for free and give you the codes. This is of course if you plan on fixing it yourself. If not then you should start by having a shop scan it, but this is the most likely cause.