Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

I have a 2000 mercedez S430 & my power windows, door

Customer Question

I have a 2000 mercedez S430 & my power windows, door locks, key fob, sunroof, radio, door locks, seats & right head light don't work.i checked the the passenger front & rear floors under the carpet for water and there dry
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs done here if this has not been done yet is to check and make sure all fuses are good in all fuse panels.If all fuses are found to be o.k. then you would need to have the fault codes read out of all computers using a scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle that can communicate with all computers in your vehicle.Any codes set will need to be diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.

I have seen the SAM control units fail and cause what you have described here needing replaced.Having the codes checked will help pinpoint the cause.If a SAM needs replaced this will have to be done by a dealer or authorized repair center unfortunately as it requires programming using their SDS machine once it is replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete