rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

SL550. 2009 model. Audio cuts in and out, including radio

Customer Question

SL550. 2009 model. Audio cuts in and out, including radio and CD player. Often every minute of less. How can it be fixed?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

The connectors would be a good place to start, there may also be a problem with the amplifier if the connections are good.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Checked connectors and amplifier connections. Appear to be ok.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Ok, then it's highly possible that the amp is bad. This can be checked with a scan tool capable of checking your system. Maybe the best thing to do would be to take it to a stereo shop and get their opinion too.

Thanks again, Ron